MAA’s Institute of Mediation Training’s Child Protective Services Mediation Course is a 2 day intensive course (8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.) 20 hour training specific to Mediating Child Protective Services (CPS) cases. CPS Mediation increases meaningful understanding and engagement between parties, codifies decisions regarding children and families, and expedites the process to find permanent outcomes for children. The sessions include the complex parties of CPS mediation, understanding childhood trauma, parent dynamics, ethical issues, and the legal framework of CPS cases. This course fulfills the requirements of the State Bar of Texas and the Texas Mediation Trainers Roundtable for mediators doing court-ordered CPS mediation. Course Materials will be provided.
Who Should Take These Classes?
Whether you are an experienced lawyer, counselor, teacher, or just looking for a new career, these classes will facilitate learning new and useful skills to resolve conflict, and to successfully conduct mediations/arbitrations. You will acquire new methods to synthesize information to lead to positive outcomes.
- Attorneys Counselors and Social Workers
- Managers and supervisors
- Executive directors and board members
- Real Estate Agents
- Insurance Adjusters
- Facilitators, trainers and consultants
- Anyone looking to start a new career or expand their current business
Mediation and Arbitration Training Courses Available:
- Basic Mediation Training
- Advanced Family Training
- Basic Arbitration Training
- Elder Care and Adult Mediation Training
- Child Protective Service Mediation Training
- Cultural Awareness and Sensitivity Training
- Domestic Violence Training
You will learn proven ways to be an effective mediator/arbitrator, leaving with powerful skills to help resolve the most difficult conflicts!